Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist
Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Type: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
Corvus Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focusing on the development of precisely targeted medicines for cancer, immune disorders and infectious diseases. We are seeking a candidate to play an important role in supporting key experiments related to our immune-oncology focused portfolio. This position is part of the Immunology group, which is responsible for characterizing the mechanisms of biologics. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented biologist to make a significant impact to Corvus programs and to gain experience in multiple aspects of drug development.
Key expectations and skills are outlined below:
- Cultures and maintains established tumor cell lines and primary cells, performs viral or DNA transfections for target protein expression
- Performs immune cell purification/separation techniques and multi-color flow cytometry
- Develops and optimizes cell-based functional assays (e.g., proliferation, apoptosis assays)
- Applies molecular biology and multiplex assay technologies (e.g., qPCR, ELISA, MSD/Luminex assays) for analytical characterization
- Utilizes software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., Graphpad Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Designs, executes, and troubleshoots experiments independently with limited supervision
- Possesses excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Presents at group meetings
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology or related field required
- 5-8 years of related experience required, with prior industry experience highly preferred
- Hand-on experience with in vitro assays for characterization of immune cell function.
- Prior experience with sorting is a plus.
- Able to build effective working relationships throughout the organization internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Work independently in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, and drive.
Join our Team
Local candidates only please! If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org