Senior Research Associate
Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Type: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a talented Senior Research Associate to play an important role in designing and executing key experiments related to our immune-oncology focused portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented immunologist to make a significant impact to Corvus programs and to gain experience the preclinical drug development continuum.
Key expectations and skills are outlined below:
- Preforms pre-clinical scientific research using advanced technical skills and scientific principles to meet project goals. Expertise with multi-color flow cytometry, primary human cell/tissue culture, immune cell purification/separation techniques, transfection and lentiviral transduction, qPCR, Western blotting, and cell-based assay development are required.
- Proficient in modern molecular biology techniques including CRISPR, hybridoma generation and protein expression/purification.
- Possesses wide-ranging experience in small molecule and antibody drug discovery.
- Incumbent is expected to work independently to design and conduct experiments under limited supervision and interpret results. Capable of interpreting results, experimental design in the context of the scientific literature. Prior knowledge of Graphpad Prism, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint and Flowjo are required.
- Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Is expected to contribute to publications and or presentations at major scientific conferences.
- Possesses excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Immunology, Biology or related field required
- 5-8 years of related experience required, with prior industry experience highly preferred
- Prior experience with ELISpot, immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, 3D and organoid based cell culture is a plus.
- Able to build effective working relationships throughout the organization internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Work independently in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, and drive.
Join our Team
Local candidates only please! If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org