Research Associate II / Senior Research Associate
Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Type: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a talented Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate to play an important role in designing and executing key experiments related to our exciting new fibrosis program. We seek to understand the biological mechanism and profile of molecules that are currently in the clinic or are being evaluated as potential clinical candidates. The successful candidate will work closely with Senior Scientific Staff to expand and deepen Corvus’ technical and scientific expertise in our areas of focus through design and execution of key experiments. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to make a significant impact across multiple novel mechanisms of action and to gain experience across the drug discovery and preclinical development continuum.Key expectations and skills are outlined below:
- Executes pre-clinical scientific research using advanced technical skills and scientific principles to meet project goals. Works on problems of a moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of technical factors.
- Incumbent is expected to work independently to design and conduct experiments under limited supervision and interpret results. Capable of interpreting results, experimental design in the context of the scientific literature.
- Possesses wide-ranging experience in the area of fibrosis, inflammation and oncology
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art techniques that are applied directly and through collaboration with others to meet goals.
- Is expected to contribute to publications and or presentations at major scientific conferences
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field required
- 3-5 years of related experience required
- Test compound efficacy in vivo (requires mouse handling)
- Conduct in vitro cell based assays for compound evaluation
- Conduct in vitro and in vivo assays to elucidate compound’s mechanism of action
- Analyze, summarize and record experimental data
- Present research findings to the biology group
- In vivo techniques:
- Delivery of cells and/or therapeutics through subcutaneous, intraperitoneal or intravenous injections, and by oral gavage
- Anesthesia, euthanasia, tumor measurements, and preparation work for drug efficacy studies
- Serum & plasma collection for pharmacokinetic studies
- Animal necropsy and histological sample preparation
- In vitro techniques:
- Immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry
- Primary cell cultures
- Western blotting
- RNA extraction
- Excellent communication, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Diligence, data reproducibility and attention to detail are required
- Proficiency with relevant scientific data analysis software is required
- Able to build effective working relationships throughout the organization internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Work independently in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, and drive.
- Expertise in murine fibrosis models and syngeneic/xenograft tumor models
- Murine skin punch biopsies
- Various blood-drawing techniques
- Delivery of fibrotic agents by oropharyngeal aspiration and intraperitoneal injection
- Multi-color flow cytometry of resected organs/tumors
- Magnetic bead-based cell sorting techniques
- In vivo fluorescence and bio-luminescence imaging
Join our Team
Local candidates only please! If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org