Senior Research Associate
Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Type: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
- Apply cutting edge in vitro and in vivo immunology and oncology methodologies to evaluate activity and mechanism(s) of antibody and small molecule therapeutics
- Design and conduct cell-based assays using cell lines and primary cells isolated from humans and animals
- Design, optimize, and implement a wide range of assays including multiplex flow cytometry, ELISA, mixed lymphocyte reaction etc.
- Develop and perform exploratory and proof-of-concept studies using cells and small animals
- Present data at project team meetings and seminars to drive recommendations for drug discovery and/or development decisions
- Perform research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects
- Analyze and interpret data, document and present results
- Manage the inventories of reagents, cells and animals for the team and assists in the general maintenance of the laboratory
- Investigate, create, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of relevant technical literature and methodology
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Acts independently to plan and execute/troubleshoot experiments, determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in immunology, biology, or related field required
- 8+ years of related experience required
- Must have broad expertise in the area of antibody therapeutics, immune-oncology, cancer biology, and drug discovery/development
- Multi-colors (minimum 4) flow cytometry
- Designs experiments and prepares samples for both cell surface and intracellular staining
- Independently acquires and analyzes data using various cytometers and software
- Cell-based assays using cell lines, and primary cells isolated from human blood and animals
- Familiarity with in vivo studies and mouse tissue processing and profiling
- Experience in immuno-oncology methods, including in vitro immune functional assays.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage functional responsibilities on project teams
- Work independently in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, prioritize, and thoughtfully utilize resources to ensure timely and successful completion of projects
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proficient with FlowJo, Prism, Microsoft Office
- Able to build effective working relationships internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
Join our Team
Local candidates only please! If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org