Senior Research Associate
Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Type: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
- Performs translational research and biomarker discovery in collaboration with biomarker scientist
- Uses immuno-oncology research techniques to develop and perform cell-based assays for biomarker discovery
- Develops and carefully performs exploratory research involving clinical trial samples
- Translates clinical biomarker findings into novel experiments to further understating of drug MOA
- Analyzes and interprets data, and presents results
- Supports the biomarker scientist in literature search and preparation for presentation/publication
- Manages the inventories of reagents and cells and assists in the general maintenance of the laboratory
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field required
- 5-8 years of related experience required
- Ability to translate general experimental objectives into design, execution and analysis of experiment using techniques common to immunology, molecular biology, and cell culture
- Multi-color flow cytometry
- Experience in cell-sorting would be a plus
- Proficiency in cell culture and handling of primary cells, including ficoll and isolation of blood cell subsets
- Experience with organoids would be a plus
- Proficiency in RNA work including quantitative PCR techniques
- Knowledge of cancer immunology and T-cell biology
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in immunohistochemistry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, FlowJo and Prism
- Able to build effective working relationships to achieve goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Work independently in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, and drive.
Join our Team
Local candidates only please!
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org