Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Type: Full time
Corvus Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focusing on the development of precisely targeted medicines for cancer, immune disorders/diseases. We are seeking a candidate to play an important role in supporting key experiments related to our immune disorders focused portfolio. This position is part of the Immunology group, which is responsible for characterizing the mechanisms of immunotherapeutic small molecules. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented biologist to make a significant impact to Corvus programs and to gain experience in multiple aspects of drug discovery research and development.
Role and Responsibilities:
Key expectations and skills are outlined below:
Isolation and Cultures of human and/or mouse primary cells, and dosing of mice, measurement of characteristics of disease.
Performs immune cell purification/separation techniques.
Develops and optimizes cell-based functional assays (e.g., proliferation, apoptosis, functional assays)
Applies molecular biology and multiplex assay technologies (e.g., qPCR, ELISA, MSD/Luminex assays) for analytical characterization.
Utilizes software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., Graphpad Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Possesses excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
Keeps detailed record-keeping and demonstrates ability to write and follow established SOPs.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related field required.
2-3 years of biology laboratory experience is preferred (either in academic lab or industry).
Prior experience with mouse handling, different routes of drug administrations.
Solid working knowledge of aseptic mammalian cell culture technique.
- Hands-on experience with cell-based assay development is a plus.
- Prior experience human PBMC preparation from blood is a plus.
- Immunostaining of the cells using flow cytometry is a plus.
- Able to build effective working relationships throughout the organization internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Work independently in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, and drive.
Salary Range $80,000 TO $100,000
Join our Team
Local candidates only please! If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org