Associate Director Biomarker Research
Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Type: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
- Works with data scientists to generate and interpret analysis of biomarker data
- Plans, initiates and executes pre-clinical scientific research using extensive technical skills and scientific principles to meet project goals with limited supervision
- Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories that are applied directly and through collaboration with others, making significant contributions to delivering on relevant goals of project team and or function
- Works on problems of a significant scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors, applying extensive theoretical, scientific and cross-functional expertise to achieve goals and innovations.
- Executes projects under limited supervision and is capable of interpreting results, experimental design in the context of the scientific literature to support project goals
- Makes major contributions to scientific literature and conference presentations and patent applications. Expected to author significant scientific publications in high impact journals and present original work at international scientific conferences
- Tracks, organizes, and evaluates integrity of biomarker data for ongoing clinical trial, including collaboration with clinical group, central labs and vendors to facilitate delivery of data
- Conducts and collaborates with others on basic research and development relevant to long-term objectives and concerns
- Writes and reviews manuscripts for publication
- Develops strategies to ensure effective achievement of scientific objectives
- Monitors and evaluates completion of tasks and projects
- May develop budgets for capital expenditures and labor
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans and effectively delegates assignments to subordinates as necessary
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company and departmental policies that affect immediate operations and may also have a company-wide effect
- Ensures that budgets and schedules meet corporate timelines
- Must have strong negotiation skills with vendors and management in order to influence senior leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments
- Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods and staffing
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- PhD in Biology or related field required
- 5-10 years of related experience required
- Expert knowledge of cancer biology and immunology
- Candidate will be responsible for implementing cell-based and tissue assay platforms to characterize small molecule, antibody and protein based drug candidates
- Familiarity with bioinformatics and statistical systems desired
- Experience in immunohistochemistry desired
- Able to work independently, optimize and trouble shoot experimental protocols
- Must show demonstrated success in technical proficiency, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Successful candidate should have a reputation as an emerging leader in the field with sustained performance and accomplishments
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Able to build effective working relationships throughout the organization internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Work independently in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, agility, and drive.
Join our Team
Local candidates only please!
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org