Associate Director/ Director, Contracts and Purchasing
Department/Group: Contracts Management
Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Type: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
- Directs the preparation, negotiation, management and acceptance of clinical operations contracts and subcontracts, including master services agreements and budgets, confidentiality, consulting, and other relevant agreements and amendments
- Responsible for supervising the purchasing function, including supervision of administrative staff
- Responsible for management of the review and approval all contractual documents for protection of the company's contractual posture, satisfaction of government and customer specifications, and adherence to company policy
- Independently manages RFP process (including vendor evaluation and selection) for clinical service provider needs (CROs and other clinical vendors) for new clinical studies of various phases and sizes and complexity
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the CROs and clinical vendors in resolving contract scope and budget issues for assigned studies/programs/vendors and managing and escalating issues accordingly.
- Responsible for establishing and managing clinical vendor executive oversight committees as indicated
- Oversees the clinical trial site and clinical trial vendor invoice approval process
- Responsible for development of tracking systems and tools
- Partner with Finance and other departments to ensure compliance to external rules and regulations
- Must have working knowledge of the drug discovery and development process and ability to understand risks and requirements associated with clinical trial services contracting
- Ensures that budgets and schedules meet corporate timelines
- Must have strong negotiation skills with vendors and management in order to influence senior leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of related experience required
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products, including Word and Excel
- Able to build effective working relationships throughout the organization internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Work independently in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, and drive.
Join our Team
Local candidates only please! If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com