Animal Technician/Lab Assistant
Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Type: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
- Performs the general husbandry of research animals for experimental purposes
- Performs animal welfare checks
- Performs cell inoculations via multiple routes (SC, tail vein, RO)
- Performs dosing via multiple routes (IV, PO, SC, IM)
- Performs necropsy/tissue sample collection for evaluating PD endpoints
- Performs bleeding via multiple techniques (RO, cardiac punch, cheek) for evaluating drug PK
- Performs various vivarium cleaning duties
- Coordinates with vendors and supervisors on operational, administrative and technical responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing procurement of animals and supplies, preventive maintenance of facility equipment, daily rounds and observation to check animal health status
- Follows standard operating procedures and maintains records to comply with regulatory requirements
- Performs a wide variety of laboratory tasks and experiments
- May make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results
- Maintains laboratory equipment and inventory for laboratory supplies
- Writes experimental reports, summaries and protocols
- Receives direction from supervisor on day to day work
- Follows standard practices and procedures to analyze situations and find solutions to problems
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data required a review of a variety of factors
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree in biology or related field required
- 0-2 years of related experience required
- Ability to lift and carry materials weighing over 35 pounds
- Work week includes 1 weekend day, preferably two, as part of the 5 day work week (day/days off would be during the week as opposed to weekends)
- Holiday work required and paid at a premium
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with Study Log
- Able to build effective working relationships throughout the organization internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Work independently in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, and drive.
Join our Team
Local candidates only please!
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org