Senior Research Associate
Location: Burlingame, CA
Position Type: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
- Apply cutting edge in vitro and in vivo immunology and oncology methodologies to evaluate activity and mechanism(s) of antibody and small molecule therapeutics
- Design and conduct cell-based assays using cell lines and primary cells isolated from humans and animals
- Design, optimize, and implement a wide range of assays including multiplex flow cytometry, ELISA, mixed lymphocyte reaction etc.
- Develop and perform exploratory and proof-of-concept studies using cells and small animals
- Present data at project team meetings and seminars to drive recommendations for drug discovery and/or development decisions
- Perform research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects
- Analyze and interpret data, document and present results
- Manage the inventories of reagents, cells and animals for the team and assists in the general maintenance of the laboratory
- Investigate, create, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of relevant technical literature and methodology
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Acts independently to plan and execute/troubleshoot experiments, determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in immunology, biology, or related field required
- 8+ years of related experience required
- Must have broad expertise in the area of antibody therapeutics, immune-oncology, cancer biology, and drug discovery/development
- Multi-colors (minimum 4) flow cytometry
- Designs experiments and prepares samples for both cell surface and intracellular staining
- Independently acquires and analyzes data using various cytometers and software
- Cell-based assays using cell lines, and primary cells isolated from human blood and animals
- Familiarity with in vivo studies and mouse tissue processing and profiling
- Experience in immuno-oncology methods, including in vitro immune functional assays.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage functional responsibilities on project teams
- Work independently in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, prioritize, and thoughtfully utilize resources to ensure timely and successful completion of projects
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proficient with FlowJo, Prism, Microsoft Office
- Able to build effective working relationships internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.